Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Sarah's Journal entry on the FL Earthskill's Fesival

At first, not sure what to expect. Am I acctually going to learn this weekend? Will this feel like a community? Are these people honest? We opened with a fire, started by hand, all in a circle, watching, waiting, singing. So many different people. The kind of people I have missed. Men in skirts, deer hide outfits, long dreads, hairy legs, crystal neckaces, fairy hats. Where did all you special creatures come from? Where have you been hiding? It is about time I sing in a circle with all you wonderful people. I know why you come to such gatherings. It truely is a gathering. A gathering where people come to exchange skills, crafts, ideas, and share food, songs, and stories. What an honest group of people. Without honesty, none of this would work. The honesty allows love to flow in from all directions. Mother Earth is glad that her children want to play and explore. She provides all that we could ever need or want. To reconnect with her is the main purpose of this gathering. I made an arrow using all natural materials. All from nature. A fire, bamboo, wood, feathers, sinue, hide glue, bear fat. Every part of the animal is special and useful, every plant has healing powers, every person can teach you something. I learned so much during all the workshops I went to, I learned so much about myself, met and connected with so many individuals, and become inspired to continue to connect with Mother Earth and to continue to learn from her. I am so glad I was brought back to her and given this common sense, so glad to be heald in her arms and told that there are many magical things that await, many gifts waiting to be rediscovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment